Sunday 12 February 2012

London Town in February


One of the advantages of the compact digital cameras is you can take pretty much anywhere, and on my trip to a stag do in London I was able to spend half an hour as the sun set snapping away before the drinking festivities began. I got a nice shot of the sunset as my train pulled out of Reading.

I took the tube to the Embankment and went onto the The Golden Jubilee footbridge to get a nice twilight shot of London across The Thames.


Looking down to the river from the footbridge there was a nice lighting effect on the water below the Hungerford Railway Bridge.


I got an interesting view of the footbridge from down on the road below. This is one piece of modern architecture along The Thames that I actually quite like as there has been so much dross been allowed to have been built along the river.




From the same position I was able to get a nice shot looking along The Embankment towards Big Ben and also looking across The Thames to the London Eye. I must get on that London Eye one day...


I then headed up to Trafalgar Square for the final photo opportunity. It's a place I have been to so many times and really love. I was able to get a nice silhouette shot of Nelson's Column.


The final shot was of The National Gallery, which is such am impressive building looking out onto Trafalgar Square.


1 comment: