Wednesday 23 March 2011

The View From Work

A final bonus shot of snow in winter...


The scene in winter is still pretty stunning. A mild winter has meant opportunities to photograph a more harsh landscape just haven't arisen this year. Having taken pictures of all the four seasons I think autumn gets my vote as the best view...


The view in autumn is full of vibrant colours particularly  helped by the Indian summer we have enjoyed this year. The backdrop of a recent rain shower gives a great contrast of the trees against the skyline and shows how the leaves are beginning to turn gold and getting ready to fall.


As we move into high summer the view from work has subtly changed. The trees are now in full bloom and the wheat is growing in the fields. It is such a glorious view I can enjoy on a hot sunny day.


It is the most glorious Spring day and many of us will be enjoying this beautiful weather. I have been based in Medmenham for over 10 years now with work, and days like today remind me what a stunning location I work in. I probably never really appreciated the English countryside until we relocated here in November 2000, but ever since then I have really started to appreciate how wonderful the English countryside can be. This is the view I look out onto every single day at work and today of all days it is a fantastic view.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! i never new that! how amazing! you should take photos of that view through the seasons, i bet it looks great in autumn and with some snow too! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does look amazing when it snows although getting onto the estate can be a problem in such weather :)

    ReplyDelete