Thursday 24 March 2011

Radio

This little box otherwise known as a radio continues to give me hours of pleasure and is a huge connection to the outside world for me. Today I have been listening to the cricket world cup whilst doing various bits and pieces at work, but over the years it has brought countless moments from the outside world to me. I saw the images on 9/11 on TV, but as it unfolded live it was radio that brought the events to me in no less a dramatic fashion. In my childhood in the days before SKY TV I would listen to endless football matches on the radio and there was something magical about night time matches being broadcast on the radio whilst doing my homework. Music such an important part of my life has always been brought to me first and foremost by the radio. My tastes in music were shaped by radio and continue to be done so. Radio can paint such a wonderful picture with the descriptions allowing viewers to form an image of what is happening in their mind. In this environment I prefer radio to television as I can get on with that I am doing. It is a tiny little box, but what an ingenious invention and how lucky we are in 2011 to have such amazing technology at our fingertips.


1 comment: