Thursday 21 July 2011

Bingo


My first proper experience of Bingo happened this week at Gala Bingo in Acton town. I had a kind of image set in my mind as to what to expect and it was in fact pretty true to that. It was mainly an older clientele and mostly women. It actually made for a very interesting couple of hours of people watching. These people were all obviously hardcore bingo worshippers and I wondered what brought all these people together, how many times they had won and how much money they may have lost over so many years. It was kind of sad that the actual numbers in the hall were fairly low. Was this just on the night that I went or has the smoking ban decimated such places? I was a double first time winner taking a £5 and £10 win home with me which pretty much covered the evening's costs. I would definitely go again especially as I had to become a member to play, and what a fun night out for a group of people...

No comments:

Post a Comment